Changes to FMB Standards
The FMB made changes to its Standards that came into effect April 1, 2019. These changes allow the Standards to continue to meet the needs of First Nation governments and also provide:
- Increased clarity and flexibility; and
- Improved financial management practices.
You can read about the changes by following the links at the bottom of this page.
How will my First Nation be impacted by the changes?
|Financial Administration Law||We already have a FAL||
|We are working on a FAL||
|We want to begin drafting a new FAL||
|Financial Performance Certification||We already have an FP Certificate||
|We would like a FP Certificate in the future||
|Financial Management System Certification||We already have an FMS Certificate||
|We are working towards FMS Certification||
|We would like an FMS Certificate in the future||
- Download FMB Standards: Summary of Changes (PDF)
- Download the new FMB Standards
- Download the new Sample Financial Administration Laws
- Download the latest Sample Policies and Procedures
- Review the individual changes to the FMB Standards in the redline versions of the FMB Standards that show the changes from the previously published versions to the new April 1, 2019 versions
Contact your FMB representative or the Standards and Certification team with your questions about the changes to the FMB Standards.
Toll free: 877.925.6665
The redline versions of the FMB Standards show the individual changes to the FMB Standards from the previously published versions to the new April 1, 2019 versions.
Financial Administration Law
- A1 - FAL Review Procedures – Redline April 1, 2016 to April 1, 2019 (PDF)
- A2 - FAL Standards – Redline April 1, 2016 to April 1, 2019 (PDF)
Financial Management System
- B1 - Financial Management System Certification Procedures – Redline April 1, 2016 to April 1, 2019 (PDF)
- B2 - Financial Management System Standards – Redline April 1, 2016 to April 1, 2019 (PDF)
- C1 - Financial Performance Certification Procedures – Redline April 1, 2016 to April 1, 2019 (PDF)
- C2 - Financial Performance Standards – Redline February 22, 2018 to April 1, 2019 (PDF)
Local Revenue Financial Reporting