Our Corporate Services team is growing and we have a great opportunity for an IT Manager!
The First Nations Financial Management Board (the “FMB”) has a unique opportunity for an experienced IT Manager to make a positive impact in growing our organization. This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic team in a great working environment and make a difference!
- Assist with the planning, development and management of IT services, programs and support throughout the organization.
- Design Information Technology infrastructure.
- Maintain IT equipment, servers, programming.
- Order computer equipment as necessary.
- Assist with capacity planning for network bandwidth, storage requirements and other applications.
- Set up equipment as it is delivered (also includes phones, etc.).
- Ensure that the phone system is operational and that the company has enough phone lines and the needed capabilities.
- Ensure that the security system is adequate and working at all times.
- Maintain confidential data on a secure part of the server to prevent unauthorized access to information.
- File and archive all IT related documents (i.e. requisitions , software licenses, software locations, etc.).
- Maintain files of warranties for equipment and contacts suppliers as needed for equipment issues.
- Document all defective parts for units and track return progress.
- Ensure that the server has adequate room for the demands that will be placed on it
- Program equipment as required.
- Stay up to date on all changes in the information technology industry and make suggestions to management accordingly.
- Evaluate performance of computer system, add in additional RAM if necessary and make appropriate changes to the infrastructure.
- Provide employees with passwords (and rekey passwords when they are forgotten by employees),
- Negotiate with third party vendors for IT needs, as necessary.
- Research and suggest appropriate pricing for new and/or refurbished technical equipment.
- Monitor the IT budget and inform management when technical requirements surpass budgetary limits.
- Participate in all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts .
- Teach and answer questions as necessary from other members of the staff.
- Provide training to end users on hardware and software as needed.
- Responsible for disaster data recovery.
- Ensure operating viability of LAN (Local Area Network) for all hours of operation and tunes the system for optimal performance.
- Price cost for new and/or upgraded machines and provide information to management regarding the feasibility of buying new equipment.
- Establish project timelines and approval requirements.
- Manage additional project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
- Act as a technical resource and provide expertise and guidance for internal and external inquiries.
- Continually research and maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and potential applications.
- Produce regular reports (status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of projects.
- Stay informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization and any applicable business partners.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in computer science, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of direct work experience in an IT management capacity required.
- Knowledge of networking, operating system, and server architectures.
- Good working knowledge of programming concepts, software development cycles, and associated tools platforms.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences.
- Strong evidence of time management skills required, including ability to prioritize data recovery and repair of system infrastructure above all other duties.
- Able to quickly analyze issues and determine best course of action using available resources.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Strong negotiation and prioritization skills.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Work with a great team of professionals and enjoy the following perks and benefits:
- Work-life balance
- Above average annual vacation allowance
- Employer paid extended benefits (life insurance, disability, medical and dental)
- Matching contribution in a group RRSP
- Subsidized training
- Opportunities for career growth
This is an opportunity to join a skilled, client-focused team in a positive and fast-paced environment. It is also a unique opportunity to bring your experience to make a difference to First Nations communities across Canada.
Please submit your resume and detailed cover letter outlining your fit for and interest in the role, in confidence at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: IT Manager.
As an employer, the FMB is committed to diversity and an inclusive workplace. We will recruit the best-qualified candidates based on skills, experience, qualification and competencies required for the position. If two or more candidates are deemed to be equal in terms of requirements, then preference will be given to the candidate of Indigenous ancestry. As a result, First Nations and Indigenous applicants can choose to self-identify.
The position will be posted until filled
The FMB is Canada’s only legislated body that develops and publishes Financial Performance and Financial Management System Standards for First Nations. The FMB is a First Nations organization that provides a suite of financial management tools and services to First Nations governments seeking to strengthen their governance and accountability regime and develop necessary capacity to meet their expanding fiscal and financial management requirements.