Under the FAL, Council must create a policy for the management of human resources , including the hiring and letting go of employees, the review of employee performance, and the upkeep of employee records.
This policy must include the steps that allow the upkeep of employee records, including the need to:
- keep up-to-date records of the First Nation employee’s skills, experience, qualifications, abilities, and training.
- make sure all employee records are kept safe and private.
- Council must also create a policy that requires the First Nation to have and keep up-to-date job descriptions. This policy must include the steps for making sure that job descriptions.
- outline the main roles and responsibilities of all employees of the First Nation. This includes officers, employees, consultants, and contractors.
- are approved by Council or senior manager .