Council must create an emergency plan. This plan is used in any situation that could be considered an emergency and may change the cash flow of the First Nation.
- includes rules for fires, floods, and other environmental risks such as landslides or toxic spills
- is suitable for the size, risk, and impact of possible emergencies
- needs regular emergency drills
- must keep all contact lists up-to-date
- must explain and send the plan to all people who may be involved or impacted
- must be reviewed once a year