Council must also create a policy for the investment of local revenues.
This policy includes the steps to limit the investment of local revenues to:
- securities issued or guaranteed by Canada or a province
- securities of a local, municipal, or regional government in Canada
- investments guaranteed by a bank, trust company, or credit union
- deposits in a bank or trust company in Canada or non-equity or membership shares in a credit union
- securities issued by the First Nations Finance Authority or a municipal finance authority established by a province