Council must create a policy for the writing and publication of an operations and financial performance report of the First Nation. This report must be created once a year. This policy states that the report must include the following:
- a description of the services and operations of the First Nation
- a progress report on any set financial goals and performance measures of the First Nation
- the First Nation’s yearly financial statements for the previous fiscal year
- the special purpose reports
This policy states that the annual report must be posted by the earliest date of either 180 days after the end of the fiscal year or by a time stated in the First Nation’s FAL.
This policy must include instructions for:
- how First Nation members can access the annual report
- how to get this report to First Nation members who have asked for the report but have not yet received it
If the First Nations Financial Management Board or the First Nations Finance Authority ask for this report, a copy must be given to them.